February 8, 2009

Inspirational Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rooyt3ptNco&feature=email




I loved this video, and I hope you do as well. I may finally have learned the difference between inspiring and teaching. To inspire someone means to uplift their spirit. To teach is to give instructions, whether those may be my own or quoted from others.

Instruction is a good thing, but only when it is wanted.....when the "pupil" seeks it out. If forced, whether by someone else or whether we force it on ourselves, it often feels like criticism. My best guess is that it is a form of control. I, like you, am a "work in progress", and as Abraham-Hicks says, "you will never get it done". We live the path, not wait to live when we reach the destination.

As I shift gears, given this new understanding, please bear with me as I discover what true inspiration might be. :-)