January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!


This year, anticipate a world at peace. Expect health, abundance, and love in your life and in the lives of all others. Happy New Year!

(Dr. Wayne Dyer)

Expectations have been on my mind this past week. (My Christmas was disappointing) I knew there was a lesson in this and I've come to the conclusion that our expectations......being able to envision an occasion so perfectly that we can smell it and feel it....are no guarantee of anything, except, perhaps, disappointment.

Our expectations cannot be for others....only for ourselves. When our expectations are about the behavior of others, all bets are off.


We have no control over others. Our expectations can only be for ourselves. Make it "I am healthy, happy, living in love and abundance" Period.
It's "I am peaceful. I think peaceful thoughts. My actions are peaceful."

"Be the change you want to see in the world" is practical advice because we are in control only of ourselves. I believe that the more we are able to let go of our expectations for others, the happier we will be ourselves. This is the goal I have for myself this year!