April 5, 2008

Happiness


My hair-dresser works at a new shop which houses several rooms, each for a different kind of service designed to pamper one's outer being. Today, the owner greeted me with "Hello, happy lady!" I must have done a double-take because she followed up with "Yes, YOU! You are always so happy!" I barely had time to realize that it was my most favorite compliment that I have ever received. :-)

She asked me if I would be interested in doing a presentation.....and, of course I would! Wise lady knows that happiness is the best make-up there is. No matter what we do to our outsides, we can't cover up what's inside.

Public speaking is about my least favorite thing to do, but I actually welcome the thought of talking about what reprogramming limiting beliefs does for us.

It sounds very simple: Do the things which make you happy. Don't do the things which make you unhappy. Think happy thoughts. Do not think unhappy thoughts. But when you remember that 95% of the time, it's our subconscious mind which is in charge, it becomes rather clear that we need to change the negative beliefs it holds. For the most part, happiness is an inside job.