January 24, 2009

What Is Love?


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
(1 C orinthians 13:4-6)


Though I sometimes bristle when someone quotes the bible to me, I believe this is one of the most definite statements on love. Love is patient; fear is impatient. Love is not self-seeking..
there are no conditions placed on love as in "I love you because". I believe we and our world are troubled because we have lost love, and that if our own lives and that of others is to change for the better, we must replace fear with love. It must begin with each of us. We must start over.