April 14, 2009

Choose Thoughts Which Feel Good




We always have a choice in just what to think, and some of us are in the habit of thinking of worst case scenarios in the hope, perhaps, that we will handle it more easily if our expectations aren't too high. I used to believe negative thinking to be a necessity, a matter of survival, but believing this certainly made me anxious and unhappy. Choosing better feeling thoughts is what we need to do if we wish to be happy.


If you get a diagnosis that is not what you want to hear, the tendency is to say, "Oh, my god! how did I get so far away from something I want so much?" And we say, it isn't big like that at all -- it's just a series of little things. It is the, "I could choose this thought which feels good, or this thought which doesn't feel so good. But I've developed a pattern for what doesn't feel good. And so, it is the daily dose of not being in the receiving mode that keeps me not in the receiving mode." And that's all that it is! (Abraham-Hicks)