April 12, 2009

Keeping It Simple


I think it was Abraham Lincoln who said that most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be. In the beginning I thought this to be a ridiculous statement, but logic...and experience...won me over.

It is very simple. If you want to be happy, find out what makes you happy. Is it family? Your pets? Flowers? Friends? Books? What ever the things are that bring joy to your soul, spend more time there! Invest yourself fully in that which makes you feel happy.

The other side of it is, that there are also things in our lives which make us unhappy. A good many of those things we have no control over. Let go of trying to control them! Steer clear of things which you know make you unhappy. You always have choices. Always. I believe every one can figure this out for themselves, but if you need help, then get help! Sometimes, a few words from an impartial person is all that's needed to jump-start your journey to happiness. It is not complicated. Don't allow anyone to tell you it needs to be complicated. Keep it simple.


I'm going to be happy. I'm going to skip. I'm going to be glad. I'm going to smile a lot. I'm going to be easy. I'm going to count my blessings. I'm going to look for reasons to feel good. I'm going to dig up positive things from the past. I'm going to look for positive things where I stand. I'm going to look for positive things in the future. It is my natural state to be a happy person. It's natural for me to love and to laugh. This is what is most natural for me. I am a happy person!

(Abraham-Hicks)